Thursday, January 30, 2014

...Go! (01/30/14)

Next step, I need to develop a logo. I appreciate logos and understand their influence. I researched on Behance, as well as looked at the portfolios of the Class of ‘13 and ‘12 and  I am in awe of some of the simple and yet effective and creative logos people come up with.


Now how I am I going to come up with a logo that is good, unique and represents me? Dryicons article, “Logo Design Process Tutorials” was a great place to start. It laid out in easy to follow steps how to create a logo. The hardest step was to detail a design brief based on myself. Larry Volk wrote in, No Plastic Sleeves, “You will need to develop a brand statement for yourself , capitalizing on your unique abilities and creative vision.” At the same time Malcom Grear recommends in “Inside|Outside Design, “Simplicity, clarity and elegance.  Such simplicity is hard to acheive.”  What represents me? I thought about asking friends and family for help. But decided that that is a hard thing to ask a friend. My parents are totally biased. And asking my siblings? Well, that would be setting myself up for some joking. So I relied on myself to write down my likes, dislikes, personality traits and how I would like myself to be represented. My favorite courses at Quinnipiac were the animation classes. I hope to have a career in animation, so I wanted my logo to hopefully represent that. Last semester I took Creating Interactive Media. It was such a fun class. My professor encouraged me to carry my animated “Stickman” character throughout the semester’s projects. I thought perhaps I would resurrect Stickman. My other ideas all revolved around the concepts that my ideas start small and evolve into big things. Acorn? Snowman?? (It’s been a long winter!) I started to sketch.


Here are some of my sketches:








No comments:

Post a Comment