Thursday, January 30, 2014

Ready, Set…. (01/30/14)

To me, a common characteristic of an older person was one, that they always commented that time went by so fast, and two, they complained about the cold weather and snow. Well, I think I am getting older….


Where did the time go? Seems hard to believe that I have just started my last semester of college. When I started my first semester in August 2010 this day seemed impossible to imagine. I had no idea what was ahead of me. All I knew at that time was that the idea of college life was exciting, scary and so daunting! But with one foot in front of the other, and one step at a time, here I am, in a blink of an eye. Now I am faced with another exciting, scary and so daunting new phase in my life. But to get there, I need a portfolio.


I started reading No Plastic Sleeves:The Complete Portfolio Guide for Photographers and Designers, by Larry Volk. Volk wrote, ‘Your portfolio needs to get noticed, grab someone’s attention, and distinguish you from “the crowd”. That is a big order to fill.


First step was creating a Mind Map in FreeMind. To me this was very satisfying. It quickly put all my courses, my projects, my skills, my experiences into an organized visual tool for me.  Thank you Tony Buzan. Wow! I covered a lot in four years.





I am looking forward to the Spring. I am excited to having a completed portfolio, to graduate and to start life in the working world. And yes, I never thought to be saying this but I am also excited for warm weather and green grass.

No comments:

Post a Comment