Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Back to the Sketch Pad

After Friday’s class critique I have gone back to the sketch pad. But first I checked out Pinterest again for inspiration:

http://www.pinterest.com/jfdiffley/logos/

I also read David Airey’s blog. Graphic Designer David Airey gave ten steps to creating a logo. Essentially all of them was to sketch and sketch some more. His advise was not to be concerned about mistakes and to understand that can take many misses in order to get a hit. I drew encouragement from his words of advise.


I also read David Airey’s blog on his own personal logo project. Airey sketched over a hundred personal logo designs before he hit upon one he liked. I found his advise and his own experiences encouraging as I struggled with my own personal logo designs.


Here are just a few of David Airey’s sketches.



As I sketched, I asked myself about design and about myself. I stopped worrying about ideas that were done before or seemed too cliche, I just kept sketching.
Here are some of my ideas:



I tried a few comps just to see how they looked:




Sources
Airey, David. “Personal Logo Sketches.” David Airey. N.p., 7 May 2007. Web. 2 Feb. 2014.

- - -. “10 Steps to Great Logo Design.” David Airey. N.p., 29 July 2007. Web. 2 Feb. 2014.

Mind Mapping:

After Friday’s class critique, I had some work to do on my Mind Map. Instead of listing what programmed I used for the projects, Professor Hastings suggested I list my projects under what type of project they were. For example all my game designs would be listed under Game Development Design.

Everything looks clearer to me:

No comments:

Post a Comment